Friday, July 28, 2017

Welcome!

Welcome to Mr. McQueen's Classroom Blog!  This is your one-stop for all information concerning my 5th Grade Language Arts Class!  I am excited to begin a new school year with you!  If you have any questions throughout the year, please feel free to email me at billy.mcqueen@elmoreco.com.

This school year, we will be reading several novels to guide your reading instruction.  We will begin with Number the Stars by Lois Lowry, and move on to Wonder by R.J. Palacio.  I will provide a classroom copy of the books, but if you would like your own copy of these books, you will need to purchase them on your own.  They can be found on Amazon or at Books-A-Million stores. You may even be able to check one out from our HMS Library or the Public Library. Other books we will be reading are Electric Ben by Robert Byrd and The Birchbark House by Louise Erdrich.  There may be other novels between these, and I will let you know what we plan on reading beforehand so that you may be able to get the books when needed.  You may also purchase these books on a device, but be aware that devices are not to be used unless given permission from a teacher.

On this blog, you will find information on each book including vocabulary, helpful resources for vocabulary study, links to videos and helpful study sites, and information about classroom activities.  I will try my best to keep up this blog with new information, but sometimes I get a little behind.  So feel free to remind me when it needs to be updated!

I LOOK FORWARD TO A GREAT YEAR AT HMS!  PLEASE DON'T HESITATE TO CONTACT ME IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Link to Number the Stars audiobook

Click Here!  for a link to a useful link to Henry County GA audiobook collection for Number the Stars